Early 2013 colorFabb was founded as a brand of Helian Polymers by Ruud Rouleaux. As an expert in the field of additives and masterbatches for the plastic industry he set out to develop high quality 3d printing filament.
In the past few years colorFabb has established itself as the innovative, cutting-edge developer of high quality ﬁlaments for FDM 3D printing. After an initial pilot year in 2013 and rapid expansion in 2014, colorFabb has invested in 6 production lines to accommodate and sustain a wide range of 3D printing materials, suited for most FDM 3D printers.
Development and production of the filaments, as well as quality control and testing on a variety of printers are done in-house by a multidisciplinary team of experts to ensure quality on all levels. It is colorFabb’s goal to both educate and guarantee a great customer experience. With partners like Eastman Chemical Company and a worldwide network of distributors of resellers, colorFabb aims to bring the best user experience to a worldwide audience.
Below is a summary of the achievements of the past years.
colorFabb Timeline ↓
- colorFabb established as a brand of Helian Polymers.
- Launch at RapidPro show.
- Webshop live, first order shipped.
- Shipments shipped to the first resellers in Europe and North America
- Launch woodFill at London 3D Print Show.
- New packaging announced.
- Joint Development Agreement signed with Eastman Chemical Company in Kingsport, TN.
- Move to Blue Innovation Centre, production lines #2 & #3 commissioned.
- Launch bronzeFill at FabCon in Erfurt, Germany.
- Partnership with Eastman announced.
- Official launch of colorFabb_XT at London 3D Print Show.
- Launch of copperFill and bambooFill.
- Production line #4 commissioned.
- Launch of XT-CF20 and brassFill.
- Production line #5 & #6 commissioned.
- Full color packaging released!.
- colorFabb becomes its own independent company: colorFabb BV.
- 10.000th webshop order fulfilled.
- Soft launch of nGen.
- Official nGen launch with Aleph Objects at the CES in Las Vegas.
- Time Lapse contest, over 90 entries!.
- Launch of colorFabb_HT at RapidPro.
- Announcement steelFill.
- Start of colorFabb USA, Inc our US based logistics hub.
- Launch of nGen_FLEX at the TCT Show.
- The launch of our new PLA Economy line.
- Moved into our new state of the art production facility