Frequently asked questions
In view of the Corona outbreak and the various stringent measures in place to mitigate the spreading of the virus, we want to reassure our customers of the following:
We advise you to keep an eye on the latest DHL status. This changes daily now. ColorFabb is NOT responsible for any delays in the DHL shipping process.
You can check DHL's latest status here:
Due to local shop closures DHL pick-up points may not be available. Please check locally if your pick-up point is still open (DHL aims to update this online, but cannot guarantee this information is up to date).
In regards to delivery addresses, please ensure that there is someone present at the address you want your order delivered to. Given the restriction and added complications to DHL's network parcels are only offered once to your door and then either returned or sent to a local distribution or pick-up point.
Increased shipping costs. Due to the ever-changing situation and increased measures on a local (national) level, DHL has implemented a surcharge on all shipments - a so-called emergency situation surcharge. In light of the situation most of our customers are in right now we as colorFabb have decided to take these extra charges for our own account for now. Shipping costs for our customers remain the same for the time being.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding our statement.
Stay safe! Team colorFabb
This article has important information regarding Brexit and the actions colorFabb has to take to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- Minimum ordering amount for the UK is £135. The reason for this is the new BREXIT TAX rules that apply to us for anything lower than this amount. colorFabb accepts only UK orders from £135 or more. Orders under this amount are not possible anymore.
- Companies NEED to provide their EORI and VAT numberDue to the current uncertainties and adjustments around Brexit shipments may be delayed significantly. Due to requirement of extra paperwork for all UK-bound shipments, and the time it takes to update software of DHL, governments and third parties further delays are to be expected. We do everything we can to ship as soon as possible.
What's going on?
To state what is already widely known: As of January 1st 2021 the UK has left the EU common market and with that the free trade of goods between the UK and mainland EU countries have ceased. Ordering with colorFabb, and with other companies from the EU, will not be as hassle-free as it used to be. We have been in close contact with DHL, our main forwarder for parcels, about the current situation. Note that there is still a lot of uncertainty around the entire Brexit process, shipping, import duties and procedures to be followed and we doubt this will be cleared up in the weeks to come.
What will change for you?
Next to changes to Customs procedures, changes to UK VAT regulations will be introduced on 1 January 2021. This regulatory change is not part of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, and applies to shipments being imported into the UK from any country worldwide. This means that most shipments valued at more than £135 will attract VAT on importation from any country, including the EU.
colorFabb accepts only UK orders as off £135. Orders under this amount are not possible anymore.
Due to the extra paperwork involved with shipping, expect longer lead times from the moment we ship until your parcel arrives. Since January 2021 we have limited the shipping options and also the shipping costs have increased as well for the service available, DHL Express. Free shipping from a certain amount of ordered goods has end given the increased costs.
What will change very, very soon?
Please also read this article from the Guardian about all the the import charges UK customers have to pay: The import charges UK customers have to pay .
Note that we will resume shipping to the UK as soon as we have received more information about the requirements for sending your orders to you with a minimum of delays and troubles. This will probably be end of January 2021.At colorFabb we regret that these steps are necessary but given all the uncertainties we find that they have to be taken. We will keep you updated regarding the progress about the steps we take and follow the news and updates from DHL closely.
With regret we have to inform you that colorFabb is no longer allowed to ship orders to private persons to Russia. You will need to have a Russian company address for shipping to be allowed. We are only allowed to ship to Russian businesses. We have had many talks with DHL but we couldn't find a way to ship the goods to private persons in Russia. For this reason it will no longer be possible for Russians individuals to order at colorFabb.
We are sorry for all the inconvenience this may cause you. Don't hesitate to reach out in case you happen to have any questions.
We offer various shipping options, depending on the destination, where you can choose the one best fitting your urgency of the shipment.
Shipping times are calculated from the moment the parcel leaves the colorFabb factory and are approximate lead times given by DHL to us. There can be various causes a shipment will be delivered later (customs and other delays). Please make sure that your order is being shipped to an address where the parcel can be received during office hours.
We ship daily and mostly from stock. Exceptions are when an item is out of stock and Color on Demand spools, which are made to order. Please check the stock levels when ordering. If not in stock we will have new stock produced mostly within a week or sooner and your order will be shipped then.
Webshop orders placed and paid before noon (CET) will ship the same day. You will receive a notification with tracking details once your order has shipped. Is the link inactive? It can take up to 12 hours for your shipment to be visible within the DHL network.
In a rush or need a large order shipped fast? Please contact us to discuss the options.
Questions about your shipment? Please contact us at email@example.com
For The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany we allow partial shipments. For all other countries we only ship when the entire order is complete.
After your order has left our warehouse you can trace its whereabouts using the track&trace code send to you by email. Please visit the DHL website to enter your track&trace code.
Various shipping options have various lead times to many countries. When you check out we offer various options (at least 2) for you to choose from. With this you will see the lead times. Please note that these are estimated lead times given to us by DHL. Circumstances beyond our control (like custom delays, force majeure) can delay your package. We cannot be held responsible for this. The given lead times were accurate at the time of publishing. If you encounter a delay, please contact us. If you need filaments faster than we can supply through our regular channels, please contact us. Indicated lead times are from the moment of shipping.
Dutch, Belgian and German customers can opt to collect their order at colorFabb. Please choose the Pick up at colorFabb option when checking out.
Please note that all orders need to be ordered online and paid in advance. You will be notified when your order is ready. Please do not randomly show up right after ordering.
DHL is colorFabb's preferred partner for worldwide shipping.
Guaranteed door-to-door delivery by the end of the next possible business day.
- Time-sensitive international shipping needs
- Proactive delivery notification available on request
- Standard booking procedure and customer support
- Available from and to all pickup and delivery locations worldwide
DHL Economy Select
- For less urgent and usually heavier shipments
- Fast and reliable delivery
- Proactive delivery notification available on request
- Limited collection and delivery locations
DHL Global Mail
A simple and cost effective postal service for mail up to 2kg.
- This option has the longest lead time. Please take this into account when ordering. Delivery can take anywhere between 1- 5 weeks depending on which continent you live.
- No sorting and franking required
- Mail is picked up by the DHL Express courier
- The mail is handed over to Deutsche Post for delivery via the worldwide postal network.
- Creation of shipment via your usual DHL Express customer number. Invoicing via the regular invoice.
- Undeliverable mail will be returned for free
The best Benelux option
DHL Europlus is developed for the business market. So do you ship to business customers in the B2B market? Then DHL Europlus is the solution. You choose DHL Europlus if:
- You deliver to companies, handy in connection with the delivery times.
- Your packages weigh up to 31.5kg.
- Your packages meet the sizes 120x60x50 cm.
- Note: the size of the package must be at least 15x11x3.5 (l, w, h) cm.
DHL Parcel Connect
How does DHL Parcel Connect work?
- Home delivery or parcel shop depending on country
- At least 1 delivery attempt, 2 possible at the request of the recipient
- Includes signature for receipt